This policy applies to Statewide Pty Ltd, its' related corporate entities and all present and future employees and agents. We respect your right to privacy and understand how important your personal and sensitive information is to you.
What kinds of personal and sensitive information do we collect?
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your address
- Your contact details (telephone and fax numbers, email address)
- Bank account details
- Occupation, employer and payroll details
- Employee number & payroll number
- Tax file number
- Any other information necessary to identify you or to provide our services
- For finance and novated lease clients, driver licence details, age and number of dependants, the time you have lived at your current residence, your income, assets, liabilities, expenses, credit history; and, if insurance is required, health information if relevant
- For prospective employees, information from your previous employer(s) and your referees, a bankruptcy check, an Australian Federal Police check and proof of visa status or citizenship
We collect your personal and sensitive information directly from you or, with your permission, from nominated third parties.
Why do we collect your personal and sensitive information?
- To verify your identity and what you have told us
- To enable us to set up your novated lease or employment with us and to provide you with all related services and benefits
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- With your prior written consent, to provide you with marketing, educational and special offers information about our products and services
- For any other purpose related to the above.
Who will have access to your personal and sensitive information?
To provide our requested products and services to you, we may need to disclose your personal and sensitive information to third parties such as:
- Your employer
- Your chosen car dealership and car insurance provider
- A bank or other finance provider
- Fuel card providers and fuel suppliers
- Car service providers such as workshop mechanics
- Vehicle registration authorities
- Superannuation funds
- Employees, contractors and service providers
- Technology providers
- Professional advisers, consultants, lawyers, accountants, auditors
- Anyone who you have authorised to act for you
- Where we are required to do so by law
Cloud computing information is either stored in secure servers in Australia or in advanced countries with equivalent server and data security.
Will your personal and sensitive information be used for marketing?
With your written permission, from time-to-time, Statewide may use your personal and sensitive information to provide you with information about special offers and other consumer opportunities. You may opt-in or opt-out of our marketing communication list at any time.
How do you access, update and correct your personal and sensitive information?
You have a right to access your personal and sensitive information held by us at any time. Some requests may require a written request and permission from a third party such as a finance-provider. If compliance with your request involves multiple files or third parties, at its' discretion, Statewide may charge a fee for this service.
Providing us with personal and sensitive information updates and corrections may be by phone, fax, email or website. There is no fee for updates and corrections.
Does Statewide use personal and sensitive information as a client identifier?
Statewide may ask you for your name, address, date of birth, employer and payroll number and use them as personal identifiers when you phone us to request private and personal information from your file. We do not use payroll numbers, tax file numbers, bank account numbers or driver licence numbers as account identifiers.
What can Statewide do without using your personal and sensitive information?
In many circumstances, Statewide conducts its' business without identifying you. For example, we obtain multiple quotes from car dealers and insurers by only providing the car and insurance details that you have provided to us. As the dealers and insurers know that we source many vehicles and insurances in this way every year, each dealer and insurer makes competitive offers. We then communicate the most competitive offer to you. After an offer is accepted by you, the successful dealer and insurer is provided with your personal information so that the required documents can be executed in your name and any necessary communications can occur.
How does Statewide safeguard your personal information?
Statewide holds your personal information in paper and electronic records. These records are accessible only to authorised employees in secure locations. Electronic safeguards include user identifications, passwords, firewalls, virus software, disaster recovery systems, encryption and remote storage. After use, paper records are stored in secure remote document storage or destroyed; electronic records are either stored in secure remote facilities or destroyed.
How does Statewide manage your complaints?
Statewide will acknowledge your complaint within 5 business days and make a decision regarding your complaint within 20 business days.
If you have a privacy complaint that is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may refer the matter to the Australian Information Commissioner at 1 300 363 992.
If you have a credit complaint that is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may refer the matter to the Credit & Investments Ombudsman at 1 800 138 422.
If you have a financial complaint that is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service at 1 800 367 287.
Our fully responsive web site will function in any web-enabled device - no app installation required!
Have a question about your Salary Packaging needs?
Just complete our Salary Packaging Enquiry form and one of our licenced advisors will answer your questions.
Our core service is providing Salary Packaging advice and establishing packages for Government and private enterprise employers and employees.